With nearly twenty-five years of elite cycling experience, Hibbard Coaching has helped a broad range of athletes achieve their goals—from finishing a century to winning a national championship.
APPROACH and Philosophy
Since 2011, Hibbard Coaching has helped a broad range of cyclists in all disciplines achieve their goals, leading riders to numerous District Championships as well as U.S. National Championships on both the road and track. Along with a team of trusted sports professionals, James Hibbard approaches every rider as an individual—working backwards from clearly defined goals and using the most sophisticated tools to take into account real-life stress and maximize an athlete's potential.
James' writing on coaching and the sport of cycling has appeared in The Huffington Post, and along with a small pool of coaches from throughout the world, James was a member of the "Fitness Q and A" panel for cyclingnews.com—responding to reader questions about training and physiology. His preface appears in the 2007 edition of Irish Tour de France rider Paul Kimmage's book, Rough Ride.
James did his undergraduate work at The University of California, Santa Cruz and PhD work at DePaul University in Chicago.
James Hibbard—career HIghlights
- UCI Professional Road Cyclist HealthNet Pro Cycling (2005) and Team Shaklee (2000).
- 19-time Northern California/ Nevada State Champion (Elite, U-23 and Junior).
- Category 1 Road and Track Cyclist.
- 13-time U.S. National Championship Medalist.
- 3rd, Southern Games Scratch Race (Trinidad and Tobago)
- 5th, 2000 United States Olympic Team Trials (Team Sprint)
- Resident Athlete, U.S. Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, CO (2000)